March 17th, 2016
Click here to be redirected to the March 17, 2016 announcement from the Food and Drug Administration.
Bumble Bee and Chicken of the Sea Tuna Recall
Tri-Union Seafoods LLC is voluntarily recalling a 2,745 cases (equal to 107,280 cans) of Bumble Bee and Chicken of the Sea brand 5 oz. canned chunk light tuna in oil and 5 oz. canned chunk light tuna in water. This recall has been initiated because the products may have been undercooked due to an equipment malfunction, which was uncovered during a routine inspection. These deviations were part of the commercial sterilization process and could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed.
There have been no reported illnesses to date connected with the affected products, and both companies are issuing this voluntary recall to ensure the highest level of safety and quality.
Products recalled by Bumble Bee:
- 5 oz. Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water: UPC 8660000020 Best By Dates: 02/10/2019, 02/16/2019, 02/17/2019, 02/18/2019, 02/22/2019, 02/23/2019, 02/25/2019
- 5 oz. Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Oil: UPC 8660000021 Best By Dates: 02/23/2019
- 4 Pack of 5 oz. Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water: UPC 8660000736 Best By Dates: 02/9/2019, 02/10/2019, 02/22/2019, 02/29/2019
Products recalled by Chicken of the Sea:
- Chicken of the Sea 5 Oz. Canned Chunk Light Tuna in Water UPC 0 4800000195 5 Best Buy Date is 2/10/19. Sold at retailers nationwide in single cans between Feb. 18 and March 16.
- UPC 0 4800000245 7. Best By Dates: 2/18/19 2/22/19 2/23/19 2/25/19 3/2/19 3/3/19