NH Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Public Health Services
Nutrition Services Section
- Getting Started: Call or go to the following to check your account balance.
- Customer Service: 1-855-279-0680
- Cardholder Website: www.WICConnect.com
- Select NH WIC from the drop down menu.
- Click create user account, you will need the primary card holder mailing address zip code, date of birth and card number.
- You may also use your last store receipt or do a benefit balance check at the store.
- Shopping with your eWIC card:Look for the NH WIC Accepted Here sign before shopping. Use the following as a guide for how
to do an eWIC transaction. The steps may have minor differences from store to store.
- Select your WIC foods using your household benefit balance and the NH WIC Food List/Smart Shopper App.
- If the store uses a stand beside device, you need to separate WIC items from other purchases.
- The cashier scans the WIC food items.
- Swipe your eWIC card. Always use your eWIC card first before other forms of payment.
- Enter your four digit PIN.
- Approve the foods bought with your eWIC card.
- Take your card and receipt. Your receipt shows what you bought and what is left on your benefit balance.
- Valid Dates: Look at the dates listed on your benefit list. Use your benefits within the dates listed.
- Smart shopping: You are encouraged to buy store brand or least expensive brands when possible.
- Store and manufacturer coupons and promotions: You may use store and manufacturer promotions with your WIC benefits.
Examples are: buy one, get one free; buy one, get one at a reduced price; additional free ounces added by the manufacturer;
store savings card or customer rewards cards; and manufacturer cents-off coupons.
- Respect store staff. Respectful Behavior: Anyone shopping with an eWIC card must be respectful and courteous to store staff. Store staff must be respectful and courteous to eWIC cardholders as well.
- Selling, returning, or refunding WIC foods is not allowed.
- You may not receive cash refunds, gift cards, change, rain checks, or IOUs in exchange for WIc vouchers, foods or formula. Only defective, spoiled or outdated foods/formula may be exchanged for the same product at the store.
- Infant formula bought with WIC vouchers may not be exchanged for another brand of type of formula. Any formula changes must be done by your local WIC office.
- You and your child may be taken off the Wic program for selling WIC foods or trying to get a cash refund for WIC foods.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.