Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter
Don’t tell—no one will ever guess what your secret ingredient is in these tasty brownies!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 16 2 inch brownies
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked, cooled black beans
- 1 cup frosted wheat cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar optional
In food processor bowl or blender container combine eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Cover and process until combined.
Add beans, cereal and baking powder. Process for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Add brown sugar and cocoa powder. Press until combined.
Spread in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 23 to 28 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares to serve. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired).