When your garden is bursting with zucchini, make these savory, fried fritters. Cheddar cheese and green onions add a country flavor to them.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 medium zucchini finely shredded (about 1 1/2 cups total)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese 2 oz.
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
In small bowl stir together flour and baking powder. Place zucchini in medium bowl. Sprinkle flour mixture over zucchini. Toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes.
In large heavy skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, stir cereal, cheese and onions into zucchini mixture.
Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Use spatula to slightly flatten. Cook about 4 minutes or until browned, turning once. (Do not over-crowd the skillet.) Drain on paper towels.