Why is WIC providing more fruits and vegetables?
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act, the WIC Cash Value Benefit (CVB) for fresh fruits and vegetables will be temporarily increased to $35 for each WIC participant over 1 year of age.
How long will I receive the increased amount for fruits and vegetables?
The increased amount is available to Maine WIC participants over the age of 1 each month from June through September 2021.
What can I buy with $35?
- 1 pound Baby Spinach ($4)
- 1 pound Avocados ($2.50)
- 2 pounds Broccoli Florets ($3.50)
- 2 pounds Baby Carrots ($3)
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes ($2)
- 1 pound Blueberries ($4)
- 2 pounds Grapes ($3.50)
- 2 pounds Strawberries ($5)
- 4 pounds Bananas ($3)
- 2 pounds Peaches ($4)