URGENT RECALL: Abbott has issued a recall for Similac powder formulas manufactured in Sturgis, Michigan. These formulas may be contaminated with Cronobacter sakazakii.
FORMULA RECALL Check www.similacrecall.com 800-986-8540 to see if your formula is on list. If so, do NOT use. Exchange at the store or call your WIC office.
Affected (only produced in Sturgis, MI): These will require being checked by the recall tool.
• 12.6 oz Total Comfort powder
• 12.5 oz Similac for Spit Up powder
• All EleCare powder Infant and Junior
• All Alimentum powder
• 12.5 oz Similac Sensitive powder
• 12.4 oz Similac Advance powder
• All concentrated liquids and ready to feeds
DO NOT feed your baby formula if it is included in this recall.
Cronobacter bacteria can cause severe, life-threatening infections (sepsis) or meningitis. Symptoms of sepsis and meningitis may include poor feeding, irritability, temperature changes, jaundice (yellow skin and whites of the eyes), grunting breaths, and abnormal movements.