Enjoy more Fruits and Vegetables with WIC!
What are the new values for fruits and vegetables?
As of October 1, 2023, the new temporary amounts are:
- Children: $26
- Pregnant, postpartum, and partly breastfeeding women: $47
- Fully and mostly breastfeeding women: $52
- Women exclusively breastfeeding multiples: $78
- There will be no changes to the infant food packages.
Contact your local WIC clinic if you have October, November, and December benefits on your WIC card and did not receive the amounts listed above.
Get the most from your fruits and veggies
Make the most of your fruits and vegetables with these tips from Cooking Matters! Learn to Get the Most Produce with My Benefits, Make Your Produce Last Longer, and Get Your Family Enjoying More Fruits and Vegetables.
Did you know?
If you run out of storage space for fresh fruits and vegetables, you can purchase WIC eligible frozen fruits and vegetables to store in a freezer.
Can WIC help me with recipes using my fruits and vegetables?
Yes! You can ask at your next WIC appointment or check out these fun resources for ideas and recipes:
- WICShopper App—Recipes Find recipes that incorporate WIC foods including fruits and vegetables. Access from your computer, or on your tablet or Smartphone using the WICShopper app or use a web browser to visit: https://ebtshopper.com/recipes.
- WICSmart – Visit www.WICSmart.com to view the “Making Recipes Work for You” and “Fruits and Veggies” videos for more ideas. Ask your Local WIC Office for your account number (if your WIC agency uses the WICSmart Nutrition Education app).
- MyPlate Kitchen Search www.myplate.gov/myplate-kitchen for a large selection of recipes, create your own cookbook, or watch videos to learn how to prepare healthy foods for your family.
- ChopChop Simple and tasty recipes you can make and enjoy with your family. Sign up for their newsletter or cooking club to receive new recipes every month. https://www.chopchopfamily.org/.
- Cent$ible Nutrition – Team up with a cooking and nutrition program that serves families and individuals with limited resources in Wyoming or visit their website to check out their recipes at https://uwyocnp.org/recipes/
- Wichealth.org—Health eKitchen – If your agency uses Wichealth.org, this can be a valuable resource for recipes.
Contact your Local WIC Office if you do not see the increased amount on your benefits or if you have additional questions.