This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Rice crisp cereal gives a crispy crunch to this classic casserole.
- 3 cups rice crisp cereal
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup shredded, sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen broccoli cuts
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine. In mixing bowl, combine cereal and 1 tablespoon of the margarine. Set aside for topping.
- To remaining margarine in pan, stir in flour. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in corn.
- Place broccoli in bottom of 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-quart) baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over broccoli. Sprinkle with cereal topping.
- Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cereal has browned.