This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Watch the video!
Cinnamon Stuffed Apples
Cinnamon Raisin Stuffed Apples
A hearty, cinnamon-flavored stuffing fills these tender, juicy apples. Choose apples that bake well, such as Cortland, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Jonathan, Rome Beauty, Empire, Fuji or Gala.
- 4 baking apples medium size
- 5 cups frosted shredded wheat (crushed)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup 100% apple juice
- Core apples. Peel 1 inch wide strip around middle of each apple. Place upright in 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish.
- In small bowl combine frosted shredded wheat cereal, raisins and cinnamon. Pack cereal mixture into centers of apples.
- Pour apple juice over apples and into casserole dish. Microwave, covered, at high for 6 to 12 minutes* or until apples are tender. Turn casserole dish and baste apples with juice every 3 minutes.
- Before serving, spoon juice over apples again. Serve warm.