Food Shopping Guide
Effective August 1, 2019
FRUITS & VEGETABLES
WIC FRAUD OR ABUSE
- Take your receipt listing your remaining benefits with you, or print a benefit balance receipt at the store before shopping. This will help to know what is available to purchase.
- Before foods are scanned, let the cashier know that you will be using your WYO W.E.S.T. card.
- Your WIC foods do not need to be separated from the rest of your groceries.
- Store discount cards, coupons of any kind, or promotions are allowed and encouraged to be used with your WIC purchase.
- If an item you are trying to purchase with your WIC benefits does not scan as WIC approved, please provide the UPC and a description of the product to your local WIC clinic immediately or email pictures of the item to email@example.com.
- If you have problems at the grocery store, speak with the store manager to resolve the problem. If the manager is unavailable to resolve the problem, call your WIC clinic or contact the WIC State Agency customer service line at 1-888-WYO-WEST (1-888-996-9378).
- If your local WIC clinic is closed during their normal business hours and you need assistance, contact the WIC State Agency customer service line Monday – Friday.
- NO SUBSTITUTIONS OR EXCHANGES ARE ALLOWED – All WIC Purchases are final, unless the item(s) purchased is expired or damaged.