FRUIT & VEGETABLES
- Buy produce in season for the best price and flavor.
- Frozen Fruits & Vegetables are often less expensive than fresh fruits and vegetables when they are not in season.
- You are allowed to purchase organic, but typically organic costs more and you may not get as much for your money.
- If the cost of your fruits & vegetables is more than the dollar amount on your card, you may put something back or pay the difference with another form of payment (SNAP, cash, or debit/credit card).
- Please let a store manager know, before your WIC purchase is done, if you are not able to purchase fruits or vegetables with your WIC benefits. The item may not be set up correctly in the grocery store system.
- If you have a smart phone, take a picture of the product and the UPC and email it to email@example.com .
- Any Brand
- Any Package Type or Size
- Any Variety Fresh/Frozen Fruits & Vegetables
- Cut or Whole
- Fruit & Vegetable Mixtures
- Garlic, Ginger, Onions
- Salad Mixtures Without Dressing/Croutons/Nuts/Seeds
- Added Oils/Fats
- Added Sugar (including dextrose)/Artificial Sweeteners/Syrup
- Decorative Fruits & Vegetables (Chili Peppers on a String, Garlic on a String, Edible Blossoms/Flowers, Gourds, or Painted Pumpkins)
- French Fries/Tater Tots
- Fruit or Vegetable Baskets
- Herbs/Spices (Basil, Chives, Cilantro, Dill, Lemongrass, Mint, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, etc.)
- Ingredients Other Than Plain Fruits & Vegetables
- Packages with Butter/Cheese/Cream/Croutons/Dips/Dressing/Nuts/Sauces
- Salad Bar/Deli Items