New Wave Chicken Wrap
Easy and delicious these wraps make a great appetizer or light meal and each wrap contains half a cup of vegetables
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast (about 8 oz. raw)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded) (WIC approved)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed) (WIC approved)
- 2 tsp garlic herb seasoning (no salt)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 16 large green lettuce leave, removed from head (WIC approved)
Combine all ingredients except lettuce leaves and mix well.
Place equal amounts of the salad mixture on each lettuce leaf.
Roll from one end of the lettuce leaf to the middle.
Fold in the sides and continue to roll.
Secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Recipe adapted from: Your Plan to Eating More from Fruits & Veggie More Matters
This material was funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP. SNAP helps low income people buy nutritious food for a better diet. To get more information contact the CT Department of Social Services at 1- (855) 626-6632 or WWW.CT.gov/dss . USDA does not endorse any products, services, or organizations. Provided by Department of Public Health in partnership with the University of Saint Joseph. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
- Each wrap contains 1/2 cup of vegetables per serving.
- Replace cooked chicken with canned tuna or salmon.
- Great way to use leftover cooked chicken.
- You can use canned chicken.
- Replace lettuce with whole wheat tortilla.