Frozen Fruit Pops
Three ingredients make these refreshing frozen treats
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, canned (packed in 100% fruit juice or water) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (8 ounces) (WIC approved)
- 6 ounces 100% orange juice (WIC approved)
Mix the ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Divide into 4 paper cups.
Freeze until slushy - about 60 minutes. Insert a wooden stick half way through the center of each fruit pop.
Freeze until hard or at least 4 hours. Peel away the paper cup before you eat the fruit pop.
Recipe adapted from http://www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/frozen-fruit-pops This material was funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP. SNAP helps low income people buy nutritious food for a better diet. To get more information contact the CT Department of Social Services at 1- (855) 626-6632 or WWW.CT.gov/dss . USDA does not endorse any products, services, or organizations. Provided by Department of Public Health in partnership with the University of Saint Joseph. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
- You can mix ingredients and freeze in ice cube tray instead of cups, makes great ice cubes in fruit juice or sparkling water.
- Try other fruits or juice concentrates for variety.