Turkey Cheddar Sliders
Turkey sliders with cheese
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- slider buns or whole wheat toast
Combine the spinach, scallion, garlic, turkey, cumin, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to gently combine the ingredients.
Heat a large skillet on medium while you form the turkey mixture into about 12 patties, each 1/2" thick.
Add the olive oil to the pan and carefully cook the patties, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Work in batches and cook them for about 5 minutes on each side, until the patties are golden brown. Try not to push down on the slider while cooking; it may cause them to fall apart.
Use a thermometer to check that the slider have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Transfer to a plate and top patties with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Cover the plate with tin foil to melt the cheeese.
Serve sliders on a bun or toast with sliced tomato
- Use lean ground beef instead of ground turkey
- Use frozen spinach. Simply defrost ahead of time and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Add chopped fresh herbs such as oregano to the mixture.
- Substitute curry for cumin.
- Experiment with different types of cheeses.
- Serve over brown rice with salad for an even healthier option