Sweet Corn Soup
Corn soup with bell pepper and potato
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh, frozen, or canned (rinsed and drained) corn
- Pinch pepper
Heat the soup pot on medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion, celery, pepper, and potato and stir. Cover with the lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic to the pot and continue to stir. Add a splash or two of broth if the vegetables stick to the bottom. Let the mixture cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the corn to the pot and stir. Pour the broth into the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of low-fat milk to make it creamier
- Add a can of drained and rinsed beans for extra protein
- Add a handful of leafy greens at the end of cooking such as spinach or chopped kale
- Add leftover cooked meat such as pork or chicken