Quick Bean Chili
This 20-minute recipe has tons of flavor and is perfect on a cold day!
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed & drained
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 14oz can vegatable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (low sodium or no salt added)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
- 6 tbsp plain yogurt for serving (optional)
- 6 tbsp shredded cheese for serving (optional)
Heat a pot on medium heat and add oil.
Chop the onion, pepper, and garlic and add to the pan once the oil begins to sizzle. Sauté for about 3 minutes until the onion turns clear.
Stir in water, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, black beans, broth, and diced tomatoes. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
Remove from heat, add cilantro, and serve with plain yogurt & cheese.
- Try using frozen vegetables instead
- You can use ketchup or marinara sauce instead of tomato paste if you don’t have it
- Add ground beef, pork, turkey, or chicken for a heartier version. Add it in the beginning with the onions!
- Adding quick cooking rice such as Uncle Bens
- Add fresh spinach, kale, frozen peas etc. at the end for more veggies