Veggie topped baked potato
Give your baked potato some pizzazz and top it with cheddar cheese and broccoli.
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli (or veg of choice) cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp shredded cheese
Scrub and rinse potatoes.
Pierce each potato on all sides using a fork. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, taking out and piercing every 2 minutes until cooked.
Remove from the microwave and cut in half lengthwise.
Top each potato half evenly with the broccoli, green onions, and shredded cheese.
If desired, place back in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Substitute other canned or frozen veggies
- Try using a variety of cheeses
- Shred your own cheese to save money
- Try adding different dried spices
- Add beans or tofu for more protein