This quiche is wonderful for a weekend brunch or a family dinner. Just add a tossed salad and crusty whole grain rolls for a complete meal.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal crushed to 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup 4 oz. shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 can 7 3/4 oz. salmon, drained, flaked and skin and bones removed
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Generously grease bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with corn flake cereal crumbs, turning pie plate to evenly distribute crumbs. Set aside.
In small skillet cook onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle cheese and salmon over onion.
In medium bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, flour, dill weed, salt and pepper.
Place pie plate on center oven rack. Carefully pour egg mixture over salmon and cheese. Bake at 325°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.