Curried Turkey Meatball Wraps
Curry seasoned meatballs, sweet shredded apple and chopped peanuts are encased in whole wheat tortillas in this recipe.
Servings: 8 wraps
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 medium apples shredded (about 2 1/2 cups total)
- 8 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Place metal rack in 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
In bowl mix together egg, onion, 2 teaspoons of the curry powder and salt. Stir in cereal. Add turkey; mix well. Shape into twenty-four 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Place on rack in baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together yogurt, apple juice, cayenne pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry powder. Toss with shredded apple
To serve, place apple mixture on tortillas. Top with meatballs and peanuts. Tightly roll up. Diagonally cut in halves. Serve immediately.
If you are trying to get more vegetables in your day, you can also serve the apple mixture and meatballs over ½ cup of grated steamed cauliflower.