Asian Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Easy recipe that taste great hot or cold and can be made spicy or mild
Servings: 8 1 cup servings
- 1 16 ounce package whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 bag frozen vegetables such as broccoli or snow peas
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or ginger
- green onions, cilantro, or lime optional garnish
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds optional
Cook pasta using package directions. Make sauce and veggies while pasta cooks.
In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and warm water. Stir into a smooth, thin sauce.
Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves. If using, stir in garlic, ginger or red pepper flakes.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add thawed frozen veggies and ½ cup water. Steam in microwave for 3-5 minutes. Drain any excess water.
Pour peanut sauce and steamed veggies over cooked, drained pasta. Toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.
- Did you know that whole wheat pasta makes you feel full longer?
- Frozen vegetables will add extra nutrition and flavor to this dish.
- For extra flavor, add ½ teaspoon minced garlic or minced ginger to peanut sauce. Or you can garnish with rinsed and chopped green onions, cilantro or lime wedges.
- For a more complete meal, add extra leftover veggies, sliced cooked chicken breast, firm tofu, or chopped peanuts.