Cream of Broccoli Soup
Easy and hearty soup loaded with veggies
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 cups frozen broccoli (WIC approved)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (WIC approved)
- 1 can (10-ounce) cream of mushroom soup, reduced sodium
- 1 soup can 1% or nonfat/skim milk (WIC approved)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese (grated) or 1/2 cup shredded (WIC approved)
Mix broccoli, mixed vegetables, and light cream of mushroom soup in a saucepan.
Fill the soup can with milk and add to saucepan.
Stir over low heat until steaming hot and vegetables are cooked.
Add cheese, stirring until melted.
• Use 2 cups of cooked, fresh broccoli instead of frozen broccoli.
• Replace 2 cups of mixed vegetables with 2 cups of your favorite vegetable.
Original recipe from Recipes adapted from Eating Smart-Being Active Cookbook
This material was funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP. SNAP helps low income people buy nutritious food for a better diet. To get more information contact the CT Department of Social Services at 1- (855) 626-6632 or WWW.CT.gov/dss . USDA does not endorse any products, services, or organizations. Provided by Department of Public Health in partnership with the University of Saint Joseph. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.