This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
This dessert that will warm you up and make your house smell delicious!
Servings: 10 pieces
- 5 medium apples
- 3/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 ounce Unsalted butter
- 11/2 cups Quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and cut apples in half, lengthwise. Remove any stems. Cut out center core of apple that contains the seeds. Do not peel.
- Place apples cut side down. Use a sharp knife to cut apples into 1/8 - inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced apples, ¼ cup of brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon of flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg, if using. Mix well.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour apple mixture into baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Dice butter into smaller cubes, using a sharp knife. In a medium bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and flour, oats, and butter. Mix with hands until crumbly.
- Spread oat and flour mixture over apple mixture. Bake uncovered on middle rack of oven for 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned or bubbly.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes before serving.
- Use any apples you like. Or, try a mix of apples for different textures and flavors.
- Top with low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt if you like.
- Use other fruits, such as peaches, pears, or berries, when in season.
- Make half of this recipe to save money!
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 4g