This recipe provided by foodhero.org
Apple Spice Baked Oatmeal
Servings: 9 squares
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 apple, chopped about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil or spray an 8" x 8" baking pan.
- Combine the egg, applesauce, milk, vanilla and oil in a bowl. Add the apple.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Return to oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes until top is browned and the sugar bubbles.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute other fruit for the apple. Try bananas, pears, blueberries or a mixture