This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Baked Tofu Sticks
Servings: 4 3 stick servings
- 1/2 pound firm tofu
- 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal slightly crushed to 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash crushed red pepper
- Rinse and drain tofu. Pat dry with a paper towel. Slice into 12 pieces. In a bowl, combine the cereal and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Dip tofu slices into egg white, then in the crumb mixture. Place on a lightly oiled baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- For sauce, in small microwave-safe bowl combine peanut butter, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and red pepper. Microwave at high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Dip tofu sticks into peanut sauce.