This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
BBQ Chicken Whole Wheat Pizza
This crispy, thin crust pizza is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken.
Course: Main Dish
Servings: 4 people
- 4 8" whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 cups diced and cooked chicken
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Place the tortillas on the baking sheets.
Evenly spread the half of the BBQ sauce over each of the tortillas followed by the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
Toss the chicken in the leftover BBQ sauce and evenly spread over the tortillas.
Sprinkle the diced chicken over the pizza.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh tomato and cilantro
- Add leftover cooked vegetables to your pizza! Be careful to avoid anything with high water content so it doesn’t make your tortilla soggy.
- Use leftover cooked pork, steak, or shrimp instead of chicken.
- Use regular marinara sauce if you do not like BBQ.
- Make this into a quesadilla by adding another tortilla on top and cook on the stove in a frying pan instead.
- Make this vegetarian by using rinsed and drained black beans or firm tofu instead of chicken.