This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
BBQ Chicken Whole Wheat Pizza
This crispy, thin crust pizza is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 8" whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 cups diced and cooked chicken
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheets.
- Evenly spread the half of the BBQ sauce over each of the tortillas followed by the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Toss the chicken in the leftover BBQ sauce and evenly spread over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the diced chicken over the pizza.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh tomato and cilantro
- Add leftover cooked vegetables to your pizza! Be careful to avoid anything with high water content so it doesn’t make your tortilla soggy.
- Use leftover cooked pork, steak, or shrimp instead of chicken.
- Use regular marinara sauce if you do not like BBQ.
- Make this into a quesadilla by adding another tortilla on top and cook on the stove in a frying pan instead.
- Make this vegetarian by using rinsed and drained black beans or firm tofu instead of chicken.