This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter
Don’t tell—no one will ever guess what your secret ingredient is in these tasty brownies!
Servings: 16 2 inch brownies
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked, cooled black beans
- 1 cup frosted wheat cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar optional
- In food processor bowl or blender container combine eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Cover and process until combined.
- Add beans, cereal and baking powder. Process for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Add brown sugar and cocoa powder. Press until combined.
- Spread in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 23 to 28 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares to serve. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired).