This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Black Bean Brownies
These flourless brownies get their rich, fudgey flavor from a surprise ingredient: black beans.
Servings: 16 pieces
Calories: 90 kcal
- 1 Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 tablespoon (tablespoons) Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon (teaspoons) Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Chocolate
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a colander, drain and rinse beans.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla with a fork. Add beans and mash with fork until beans are barely visible (this can take 5 or more minutes of mashing). Stir sugar and cocoa, and blend with a rubber spatula until mixed. Stir in chips or nuts if using.
Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
- If you have a blender or food processor, use it to make these brownies: Put the eggs, oil and vanilla in a blender or food processor, pulse to mix. Add beans and blend until pureed and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the blender or food processor with a rubber spatula once or twice. Add sugar and cocoa, and blend until mixed, about 1 minute. Add chips or nuts (if using), and pulse once or twice to mix. Proceed with step four.
Serving size: 1 piece
Total calories: 90 Total fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Protein: 3 g Fiber: 2 g Sodium: 100 mg