This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC
Cheesy Egg Puffs
Cheese and eggs make for a delicious start to the day
Servings: 4 2 puff servings
- 1 cup potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt or low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced optional
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400° F and grease 8 cups of a muffin tin.
Mix the cooked potato with yogurt or milk and garlic powder.
Press about 2 tablespoons of mashed potato into the side and bottom of each cup.
On top of the potatoes, add a few pieces of chopped tomato.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Spoon egg mixture into the cups on top of the potatoes.
Sprinkle evenly with cheese and bake for about 12 minutes.
Serve warm with sliced green onion; refrigerate for up to 3 days; or freeze for up to 2 months
- Add chopped spinach
- Add other leftover cooked vegetables such as carrots, green beans, asparagus, or squash
- Add fresh herbs such as dill, oregano, and parsley
- Try different types of shredded cheese
- Add red pepper flakes for a little spice