This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC
Cheesy Egg Puffs
Cheese and eggs make for a delicious start to the day
Servings: 4 2 puff servings
- 1 cup potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt or low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced optional
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and grease 8 cups of a muffin tin.
- Mix the cooked potato with yogurt or milk and garlic powder.
- Press about 2 tablespoons of mashed potato into the side and bottom of each cup.
- On top of the potatoes, add a few pieces of chopped tomato.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into the cups on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with sliced green onion; refrigerate for up to 3 days; or freeze for up to 2 months
- Add chopped spinach
- Add other leftover cooked vegetables such as carrots, green beans, asparagus, or squash
- Add fresh herbs such as dill, oregano, and parsley
- Try different types of shredded cheese
- Add red pepper flakes for a little spice