This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
These breakfast burritos are a satisfying start to the day
- 2 eggs (WIC approved)
- 2 tbls 1% or nonfat/skim milk (WIC approved)
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas (warmed) (WIC approved)
- 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese (shredded) (WIC approved)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Shred cheddar cheese.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Lightly coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium to low heat until eggs become firm. Remove from heat (eggs will continue to cook).
- Spoon half of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with half of the cheese.
- Fold or roll tortilla and serve with salsa.
- This hot breakfast is easy to wrap in foil or parchment and take with you if time is short.
- If you want to cut back on fat and cholesterol, substitute 2 egg whites for a whole egg.
- Use fresh salsa to reduce sodium.