This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
- 2 cups whole grain granola (WIC approved)
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt (WIC approved)
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned fruit (packed in 100% fruit juice or water) (WIC approved)
Layer in a glass or cup: ⅓ cup yogurt, ⅓ cup granola, ⅓ cup fruit.
Top with a spoonful of yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers.
- These are great for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
- Replace granola with your favorite WIC approved whole grain cereal.
- Ideas for fruits: blueberries, banana, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, etc.
Recipes adapted from Eating Smart-Being Active Cookbook
This material was funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP. SNAP helps low income people buy nutritious food for a better diet. To get more information contact the CT Department of Social Services at 1- (855) 626-6632 or WWW.CT.gov/dss . USDA does not endorse any products, services, or organizations. Provided by Department of Public Health in partnership with the University of Saint Joseph. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.