This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
New Wave Chicken Wrap
Easy and delicious these wraps make a great appetizer or light meal and each wrap contains half a cup of vegetables
Course: Main Dish, Salads, Side Dish
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast (about 8 oz. raw)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded) (WIC approved)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed) (WIC approved)
- 2 tsp garlic herb seasoning (no salt)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 16 large green lettuce leave, removed from head (WIC approved)
Combine all ingredients except lettuce leaves and mix well.
Place equal amounts of the salad mixture on each lettuce leaf.
Roll from one end of the lettuce leaf to the middle.
Fold in the sides and continue to roll.
Secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a platter and serve.
- Each wrap contains 1/2 cup of vegetables per serving.
- Replace cooked chicken with canned tuna or salmon.
- Great way to use leftover cooked chicken.
- You can use canned chicken.
- Replace lettuce with whole wheat tortilla.