This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
1 hr 10 mins
Light Italian dressing gives this colorful, veggie-stocked salad some zest
Course: Salads, Side Dish
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta (any shape) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup cucumber (diced) (WIC approved)
- 1 large tomato (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper (diced) (WIC approved)
- 1/4 medium onion (diced) (WIC approved)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (WIC approved)
- 1/4 cup Italian light salad dressing
Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Mix again before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Try adding leftover vegetables.
- Can add a 15 ounce can of your favorite beans, drained and rinsed.