This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta (any shape) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup cucumber (diced) (WIC approved)
- 1 large tomato (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper (diced) (WIC approved)
- 1/4 medium onion (diced) (WIC approved)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (WIC approved)
- 1/4 cup Italian light salad dressing
Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Mix again before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Try adding leftover vegetables.
- Can add a 15 ounce can of your favorite beans, drained and rinsed.
Recipe adapted from: Eating Smart-Being Active Cookbook
This material was funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP. SNAP helps low income people buy nutritious food for a better diet. To get more information contact the CT Department of Social Services at 1- (855) 626-6632 or WWW.CT.gov/dss . USDA does not endorse any products, services, or organizations. Provided by Department of Public Health in partnership with the University of Saint Joseph. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.