This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Easy Peanut Noodles
Take-out style made easy. Just go shopping in your pantry and dinner is done!
Course: Mains & Sides
Servings: 6 people
- 12 oz whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 4 cups chopped broccoli or Asian medley fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lime
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp green onion, cilantro or parsley used for garnish
- 3 tbsp chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
Bring a pot of water to boil and prepare noodles according to package directions.
Microwave the frozen vegetables in a microwave safe container, covered with a paper towel for 3-5 minutes.
While the broccoli and pasta cook, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, canola oil, lime juice, and garlic. Whisk well until smooth.
Drain the cooked pasta noodles and add to the sauce. Lastly, add in the cooked vegetables and toss to combine.
Garnish with green onion, cilantro, or parsley.
- Substitute seasonal vegetables or other frozen vegetables such as peapods
- Add extra vegetables such as chopped fresh spinach, kale, bok choy, bean sprouts, or shredded carrots
- Add diced cooked chicken, beef, shrimp, or firm tofu for added protein
- Add red pepper flakes for a little spice
- This can be served hot or cold
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-5 days