This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Fruity Chicken Salad
Fruity chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat
Course: Mains & Sides
Servings: 6 people
- 2 (12.5 oz.) cans chicken or 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small celery stalk, diced
- 1 small apple
- 1 cup red grapes, diced (optional)
- 1 green onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pepper to taste
- lettuce and tomato for serving
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
Place the chicken into a large mixing bowl.
Add yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, apple, grapes, green onion, lemon juice, and pepper to the mixing bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
Serve on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato
- Serve over salad or with cucumber slices as an alternative
- Add 1 tablespoon of curry powder to make curried chicken salad
- Serve with lettuce in a whole wheat wrap
- Use canned tuna fish instead of chicken
- Leave out the grapes and apples if you don’t like them