This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Magazine.
Fruity Chicken Salad
Fruity chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat
Servings: 6 people
- 2 (12.5 oz.) cans chicken or 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small celery stalk, diced
- 1 small apple
- 1 cup red grapes, diced (optional)
- 1 green onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pepper to taste
- lettuce and tomato for serving
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Place the chicken into a large mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, apple, grapes, green onion, lemon juice, and pepper to the mixing bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato
- Serve over salad or with cucumber slices as an alternative
- Add 1 tablespoon of curry powder to make curried chicken salad
- Serve with lettuce in a whole wheat wrap
- Use canned tuna fish instead of chicken
- Leave out the grapes and apples if you don’t like them