This recipe provided by FoodHero.org
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Servings: 5 cups
- 3 cans 5 ounces each tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup carrot peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups peas canned and drained or thawed from frozen
- 3/4 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
Place drained tuna in a medium bowl. Use a fork to break apart chunks of tuna.
Add carrot, cucumber, peas and salad dressing. Mix well.
Serve immediately or make ahead, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or make sandwiches with whole wheat or pocket (pita) bread.