This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings™
When your garden is bursting with zucchini, make these savory, fried fritters. Cheddar cheese and green onions add a country flavor to them.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 medium zucchini finely shredded (about 1 1/2 cups total)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese 2 oz.
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- In small bowl stir together flour and baking powder. Place zucchini in medium bowl. Sprinkle flour mixture over zucchini. Toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In large heavy skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, stir cereal, cheese and onions into zucchini mixture.
- Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Use spatula to slightly flatten. Cook about 4 minutes or until browned, turning once. (Do not over-crowd the skillet.) Drain on paper towels.