Peanut Butter Hacks - Mix, Coat, Swap and Top
Every WIC food has a specific nutrition role to fill. Why peanut butter? Peanut butter provides:
- Protein, which provides energy and helps your body build bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, blood, enzymes and hormones.
- Healthy fats, that help prevent heart disease.
Peanut Butter Hacks For Better Health. Peanut butter works with a variety of flavors.
- Mix with yogurt for a savory fruit dip
- Mix with ginger and soy sauce for an Asian style sauce for chicken and fish dishes
- Mix in smoothies for extra protein and a savory kick
- Top breakfast cereal or oatmeal with a drizzle of peanut butter for a savory breakfast
- Swap peanut butter for syrup, butter, cream cheese on waffles, toast, and bagels