Rice Pilaf with Salmon
This balanced meal will help keep you strong and energized!
Course: Mains & Sides
Servings: 6 cup (cups)
Calories: 270 kcal
- Canola oil
- 1 cup (cups) Brown rice
- 1/2 cup (cups) Onion
- 11/2 teaspoon (teaspoons) Dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon (teaspoons) Pepper
- 21/4 cup (cups) Low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cup (cups) Broccoli
- 1/2 (15-oz.) can salmon
- 1/2 cup (cups) Cheddar cheese
Oil a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
Cook rice and onion until rice is golden and onion is soft, stirring frequently. Stir in basil, pepper, and broth. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat; simmer about 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Not all of the liquid will be absorbed.
Add thawed vegetables, salmon, and 1/3 cup cheese, stir to blend and to warm the salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money.