This recipe adapted from FoodHero.org
Strawberry Salsa and Baked Corn Chips
Course: Snacks & Desserts
Servings: 32 chips with 2 cups of salsa
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped small (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 whole grain corn tortillas 6 to 8 inches
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/2 teaspoon oil optional or cooking spray (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning try garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder or a mixture (optional)
To Make Salsa
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Flavors will blend if refrigerated for 30 minutes or more before serving.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
To Make Chips
Choose a baking temperature (between 375 and 450 degrees) and preheat oven.
Choose your version:
Plain - Sprinkle with salt or other seasonings, if desired.
Cooking spray – Spray lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt or other seasonings, if desired.
Oil – Brush oil on one side of each tortilla. Sprinkle with salt or other seasonings, if desired.
Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes depending on oven temperature. Watch closely to avoid burning.