This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Sweet Cinnamon O’s Bars
Use up extra cereal and make your own O’s bars. With both peanut butter and honey, they make a quick and tasty homemade breakfast or snack.
Course: Breakfast, Snacks
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups whole grain cereal ex Cheerios
Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with plastic wrap, parchment paper, or wax paper so the edges are hanging well over the side of the pan.
In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir frequently using a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to bubble (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.
Mix in the Cheerios, stir lightly until well combined.
Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pan, spreading out using the wooden spoon.
Wrap the extra edges of plastic wrap over the top of the mixture, pressing down lightly until it sticks.
Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
Keeps in the fridge for 5 days.
Tips & Suggestions
- Offer as a snack, breakfast, or sweet treat
- Try other cereals such as Multigrain Cheerios, Rice Krispies, or Quaker Oatmeal Squares
- Double this recipe and use a 9 x 13 inch pan instead
- Try adding in dried cranberries, coconut flakes, or thinly sliced banana as a topping on the bars