This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Cooking Matters.
Sweet Potato Fries
Cripsy baked sweet potato fries
Servings: 6 servings of 8-10 fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub and rinse potatoes. Cut into thick strips that are about ½ inch wide. Place into the large bowl.
- Sprinkle the paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper over the sweet potatoes. Drizzle the oil over them and toss well until coated.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and spread potatoes on it in a thin single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, remove and turn fries over, then bake for 10-15 more minutes until fries are cooked through and crispy.
- Let cool and serve.
- For easier cleanup, line the baking sheet with tin foil
- White potatoes can be used in place of all or part of the sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (in place of paprika and cayenne) over the fries for a different flavor
- Peel potatoes if diesired