This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Chili peppers and taco sauce give this pizza a spicy twist.
Course: Main Dish
Calories: 235 kcal
- 12 Small corn or flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil or margarine
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 ounces Fresh or canned green chili peppers
- 6 tablespoons Red taco sauce
- 3 cups chopped vegetables
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro (optional)
Brush one side of each of two tortillas with water. Press the wet sides of the tortillas together to form a thick crust for the pizza.
Brush the outside of the tortillas with a small amount of oil or margarine. Evenly brown both sides in a heated frying pan. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Set aside.
Heat refried beans, onion, and half of the chili peppers together in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Spread about 1/3 cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla pizza. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon taco sauce, then top with ½ cup of the chopped vegetables, 1 teaspoon chili peppers, and 1 tablespoon cheese for each pizza.
Return to frying pan and heat until cheese melts. Top with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money.