This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Throw a small baggie of this trail mix into your bag before you leave the house so you'll have something healthy to snack on during the day.
Servings: 8 cups
Calories: 190 kcal
- 3/4 cup Unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 11/4 cups Crispy whole wheat cereal squares
- 1 cup Mini pretzels
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine peanuts, raisins, cereal, pretzels, and chocolate chips.
Place in an air-tight container or zip-top plastic bag. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use any of your favorite nuts or dried fruit in place of the peanuts and raisins.
- Use any whole grain, low-sugar cereal in place of the crispy whole wheat cereal squares.
- This snack is high in protein, iron, and fiber. However, it can also be high in calories. Pack ½ - cup portions.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money.