This recipe provided by FoodHero.org
Tropical Carrot Salad
Course: Mains & Sides
Servings: 4 cups
- 2 cups shredded carrots 2 to 3 carrots
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits drained
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
In a medium serving bowl, combine carrots, pineapple and raisins.
Stir in mayonnaise or yogurt and nuts or seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Save leftover pineapple and juice in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze for longer storage.
- Leftover pineapple can be used in smoothies, fruit salads and more. See FoodHero.org for recipes.