This recipe provided by foodhero.org
Veggie Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Course: Mains & Sides
Servings: 12 quesadillas
- 12 soft corn tortillas 6 inch
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup black or pinto beans canned or cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chooped optional
Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped 1/
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat large skillet over low heat (250 degrees in an electric skillet).
Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots and peppers between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
Turn over and cook other side until golden, about 1 minute.
Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated.
Mix together nonfat yogurt, cilantro and salt to make the dip.
Cut each quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with the dip.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.