This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Magazine.
Veggie topped baked potato
Give your baked potato some pizzazz and top it with cheddar cheese and broccoli.
Servings: 6 people
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli (or veg of choice) cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp shredded cheese
- Scrub and rinse potatoes.
- Pierce each potato on all sides using a fork. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, taking out and piercing every 2 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from the microwave and cut in half lengthwise.
- Top each potato half evenly with the broccoli, green onions, and shredded cheese.
- If desired, place back in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Substitute other canned or frozen veggies
- Try using a variety of cheeses
- Shred your own cheese to save money
- Try adding different dried spices
- Add beans or tofu for more protein