This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Warm Lentil Salad
The garlic and dijon mustard give this salad a zesty flavor that you'll love.
Course: Mains & Sides
- 1 Can lentils drained and rinsed
- ½ tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard optional
- ½ Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dry thyme or Italian herbs
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
Heat oil over medium heat in a saute pan/skillet.
Add carrots, onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5-8 minutes.
Add garlic and herbs (optional), cook for one minute.
Add lentils, vinegar and mustard (optional). Cook until lentils are warm, about 3 minutes
- If using vinegar, red wine, white wine or cider vinegar work best.
- If available, chopped leek can be substituted for onion.
Serving size: ½ cup Total calories: 188 Total fat: 4.4 g Saturated fat: 0.6 g Carbohydrates: 28 g Protein: 10 g Fiber: 4 g Sodium: 325 mg