This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
White Bean Veggie Dip
Protein packed dip for veggies or use as a spread
Course: Snacks & Desserts
Servings: 6 1/4 cup servings
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt and pepper
- assorted fresh sliced veggies for dipping
Place all ingredients (except the fresh veggies) in a blender or food processor. Puree, stopping every 10 seconds to adjust ingredients with a wooden spoon, until it reaches a smooth consistency.
If you do not have a blender: Mash beans in a large bowl using a potato masher or fork. Chop the garlic and dill and add to the bowl. Mix in the remaining ingredients and serve.
Keeps in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Use as a salad dressing
- Use as a sandwich spread instead of mayonnaise
- Add a tablespoon of curry powder and 2 tablespoons of lime juice instead of dill and lemon juice