This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
This easy quick and nutritious breakfast will become a staple in your household.
Servings: 8 cups
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 4 Whole eggs
- 8 Egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3/4 cup Part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato
- Pour the beans into a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- When the beans are hot, add vegetables to the beans and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine whole eggs and egg whites and whisk together.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into the heated skillet and stir so the eggs do not stick. Scramble until eggs are cooked, about 3 minutes. Add beans and vegetables to skillet with the eggs. Stir to mix.
- Serve with whole wheat toast and top with cheese, avocado, tomato, and salsa.
Serving size: 1cupTotal calories: 290 Total fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Protein: 19 g Fiber:10 g Sodium: 330 mg