This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Servings: 6 cups
- 3 cups brown rice
- 11/2 cups 100% apple juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- peaches, pears, nectarines, or bananas sliced for topping fresh, canned or frozen
- Combine all ingredients, except fruit, in a saucepan or stockpot. Heat over medium heat until simmering. Cover and turn heat to low for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, until thick and creamy.
- Divide into bowls and top with fruit, if desired.
Serving size: ½ cup Total calories: 210 Total fat: 3 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 42 g Protein: 6 g Fiber: 4 g Sodium: 240 mg
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 240mg | Fiber: 4g